Thursday, December 23, 2010

Procrastination. And some thoughts.

This is just going to be a blogpost full of random thoughts while I put off college apps.


This blog has helped me a lot with college apps, actually. I look at some college prompts, and instantly there's an OH THAT'S ON MY BLOG moment. occasionally, that is. But it's been good! Writing posts and attempting to do it kind-of regularly has helped me be more articulate about my thoughts more, although I'm still most often awkward. And I'm still not very willing to be very personal about my writing, but perhaps that's something that will change over a much longer period of time than I expected. I think I talk on my blog like I would in person most times. Just like I have problems talking about touchy-feely emotional stuff in person, I have problems laying it out on a blog. Which is also good I guess. I don't want everyone to know a bunch of personal things.

But reading some people's blogs have made me really admire the people they are! So i am going to do a Assigned Blog Post 6 Round 2 and say I think John's blog in particular is brilliant! It is here. I like that it sounds sincere, and he has a lot of interesting opinions that I can agree (or disagree >:D) with.

When I read people's blogs, I'm surprised to find a lot of similarities. People seem to think about a lot of similar things, which is comforting--insulation against the times I feel alone or start wondering if anyone thinks the same things as me, or if I'm just insane. I read a ton of similar things, or similar topics, but then everyone also manages to say these things in different voices, with slightly different takes on the same issues, in a way that makes everyone so them. I like it. I like it a lot. And once this class is over, when a lot of people stop blogging, I will probably miss it then just as much as I miss it now. And you know what, FINE, the blogs have helped me learn a lot more about people than the social experiment did. FU. but maybe the social experiment didn't last long enough, mmkay?

i remember one of my friends being unenthusiastic about blogging because, I quote, "it cuts down on my manliness." But I think he enjoys it now. And blogging isn't mainly about how other people see you, I think. It's about how you end up seeing yourself through the process. Self discovery isn't feminine, or masculine. It's just.....i dunno. Interesting? that seems flippant. fascinating?--creepy. Anyways, it's worth the effort that a lot of people put into it.

Looking at what I just wrote, I wonder what prompted me to write that. It reads awkwardly. Awkward. It used to be my favorite word, because it was fun to spell. It stopped being my favorite when I realized I could be very much of it. So did I write this because i needed more blog posts about writing? I don't think so. These blogs matter to me a lot. So I guess, for those of you who like the ONE SECOND VERSION OF THIS POST: Please keep blogging? I try to read everyone's blogs :), even though I am too awkward to leave comments.

1 comment:

  1. you left comments for me, yay! but leave comments, they are kinda lots of wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete