Saturday, November 13, 2010

Running Dry

I'm starting to freak out, which is stupid, considering I have about two months (A LITTLE LESS, ACTUALLY, OMGGGG) to write my story. Stupid, stupid. And really I shouldn't be worrying about my nonexistent, far off story because I should actually be worrying about my UW app, which I haven't started, despite the fact that it's due the day after tomorrow. Anyways, I always seem to be worrying about dumb things, in a dumb order of importance.

Sometimes, I even manage to worry a little about my inability to set my priorities straight! Brilliant, eh? I know. I'm a brilliant kid, and you're jealous. -.- just kidding.

I'm in a really blah sort of state right now. My whole life is blah, college apps are blah, and my short story has accomplished the amazing feat of being blah without even existing.

But seriously, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing with my story, and I am quite, quite quite quite concernnned that I'm going to be this blank by the time January rrrrrrolls around and my story is DUE. ICK. These stories I've been reading for workshop are BRILLIANT so yeah, I feel especially clueless now. It's amazing how unique people's ideas are, how their stories are fiction, yet so them. How does that happen? How do bits and pieces of ourselves sneak in, slip in and pop up in random parts of our stories?

So anyways....I'm going to start writing random ideas, bits and pieces, NOW. TODAY. TODAY IS THE DAY......for what? I have no idea about that, either. But the brainstorm needs to start brewing ASAP. Right now I admit it's a bit of a noob-tropical storm out in the middle of whatever the lamest ocean is (which do YOU think the lamest ocean is? ha).

So. Don't read this next part, if anyone was reading this in the first place.This is my storm-in-the-making. And hopefully, if my creativity-drought ends, by January I can make it something that can reckon with the likes of Poseidon (I wish).

Some things I want in my story.....mabes:

  • weird quirks. People can be so strange.
  • Fortune cookies
  • Food in general?
  • Those faces I always seem to imagine when I see car headlights...
  • colors?
  • superheroes?
  • letters?
  • I can't decide if I want a happy ending or a sad one. both of them seem difficult.
  • Setting: our everyday world? a high rise? the city? a park? a single room? a door? a not-door (window)? a desk?
  • a dentist
  • A single, yellow canine in an otherwise white and flawless smile
  • markers
wtf this is such a random list. what am i doing!?! This isn't helping. And I'm beginning to have trouble ignoring the webassign tab on the left side of my browser and the UW app tab next to it, and the fact that I have a college interview tomorrow.

So far, I've only been able to make decisions on what I don't want to write. I don't want a love story, or a story placed in the country, or one with many characters or dialogue. I'm looking for something simple and maybe slightly strange in my messed-up, upside-down mind. I'm thinking I still need a longgggggggg while before I can sort things out.

....Therefore, WEBASSIGN GO T_T

1 comment:

  1. Man, don't you hate when there ISN'T a face i the head/taillights of cars (yeah I read that part >_>)?
    Although my opinion should mean nothing toward what you decide to write because it IS your decision, I'll say that I feel like out of the stories we've had so far, there seems to be a little too much random sad, so a happy/humorous/angry/insane story would be nice to kind of balance that out.
    Again, what you write is ultimately up to you; write what you feel YOU want to write.

    ReplyDelete