Sunday, November 28, 2010

why Mom can't go to Costco alone

There's a reason why I can't let my mom go to Costco alone. I decided to represent this with a short dialogue. This is the kind of dialogue that goes between me and my mom ALL THE TIME, translated into English from Konglish. unless she is angering at me, of course.

Mom: These are the right bars, right?

Me: uh….no.…I said NatureValley Bars. These are ZBars.

Mom: WHATTT

Me: …That’s why I told you to buy the bars when I’m there. Or to call me.

Mom: I did call you. You didn’t pick up.

Me: …you called my cell phone. I can’t hear that. We also have a home phone.

Mom: ……………………..whatever. I’m returning them the next time I go to Costco.

Me: No, I’ll just eat them instead or something.

Mom: No, I’m returning them.

Me: It’s fine, I’ll eat them.

Mom: NUUUUUUUUUUU I NEED TO RETURN THEM.

Me: But I’m hungr—

Mom: NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

....in addition to the ZBars, my mom brought home bell peppers (as I predicted), two boxes of apples (as I predicted), 5 jumbo lint rollers, bananas, and chocolate for our neighbors. She also bought a pair of headphones I wasn't supposed to see and a box of pomegranates! Good job, Mom, the pomegranates were unexpected. :)

1 comment: